22.9.10

goodbye vinegar

Ugh.

I just read an article from Allergic Living that had a list of surprise foods that sometimes have gluten in them.
And it depressed me.
I have not been doing a very good job checking labels lately and I really need to get it together and take better care of myself.


This is the list..

•hot dogs
frozen burgers (meat, chicken, fish)
seasoned or dry roasted nuts
pumpkin and sunflower seeds
potato chips
cheese spreads
soups
Worcestershire sauce
baking powder
canned cake frosting
chocolate bars
regular beer, ale and lager
baked beans
sauces, marinades, salad dressing
specialty prepared mustards
cooking spray
baking powder
soups, broths, bouillon cubes
candies, chocolates, chocolate bars, licorice
malt vinegar

fortunately, we usually get our burgers and hot dogs from the butcher, and I am careful about checking potato chips after the poisoning that happened last year.
but there is gluten in MALT VINEGAR.???!! my favorite thing ever??? :(

The lesson is that we need to always always check everything that we put into our bodies and not become lazy and think we are more aware about our food than we are.

Sigh.
goodbye vinegar.

2 comments:

  1. maybe not? http://noglutennoproblem.blogspot.com/2010/04/rethinking-malt-vinegar.html

    http://noglutennoproblem.blogspot.com/2009/01/distilling-facts-about-distillation.html

    most likely not as yummy but rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malted milk balls and malt shakes too. Malt is made from barley or other grains.

    I hate that.

    ReplyDelete