18.10.10

P(r)esto!

I've realized that I am kind of bad at recipes. I don't know if its my creative brain at work or just lazy cooking, but I mostly just throw stuff together without measuring it when I am cooking something. I usually start out with all intentions of following the 'rules' but usually something happens that makes me say.. hey lets just throw it all in!

So while MY recipe might not be accurate.. this is the pesto recipe that I tried to follow..

• 1 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (about 6 ounces)
• 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese or Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried
• 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
• 3 garlic cloves
• 3/4 cup olive oil

i substituted fresh sun-dried tomatoes, and walnuts instead of pine nuts.
Also, I used about 1 1/2 cups of tomatoes and a whole bushel of basil, and extra oil because it wasn't pasty enough…

you see? I don't follow rules very well.



However, even with my additions… my pesto was awesome!

Basically, i just threw everything into the food processor, adding the oil a little at a time while it processed. So easy. So delicious.



*****WARNING****

cheese grating is extremely dangerous work and I have actually been banned from ever grating cheese in the future. (says my boyfriend.)

My pesto was EXTRA yummy because I put a lot into making it.. including a big hunk of my finger.

I don't have any band aids at my apt.. (uhhhhh yeah, i know what a bad idea that is) so I had to wrap a paper towel around my bleeding finger and rubber band it together… surprisingly successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment